Premieres, Wednesday, July 19th at 8 p.m. ET LIVE from Salt Lake City
Beginning Wednesday, July 19th at 8 p.m. ET, the popular radio show “Western Sports Round-Up” will make its television debut on The Cowboy Channel from the Days of ’47 rodeo in Salt Lake City, Utah. The newly launched cable network will be home to the new one-hour TV series with hosts Steve Kenyon and Amy Wilson. Steve and Amy will be on site discussing what’s happening at the Days of ’47, as well as recapping rodeo results from around the country. They will also have special guests on set, providing never before seen coverage in the western sports world. The following week, The Cowboy Channel crew will head to the Cheyenne Frontier Days to cover one of western sports’ most historic, and prestigious rodeos. A complete broadcast schedule is below.
“We’re looking forward to bringing “Western Sports Round-Up’s” radio show to television. And launching at Days of 47 with a million dollar payout is truly historic,” said Steve Kenyon, rodeo announcer and host of the series on both radio and television.
Furthering its commitment to western sports, The Cowboy Channel will provide regular updates from the National High School Rodeo Association Finals Rodeo from Gillette, Wyoming.
Rodeo Coverage on TV:
- “Western Sports Round-Up” – weekdays on The Cowboy Channel beginning Wednesday, July 19 at 8 p.m. ET.
- July 19-24 “Days of ’47 Rodeo” in Salt Lake City, UT – daily broadcast at 8 p.m. ET (except for Sunday, July 23rd).
- July 25-30 “Cheyenne Frontier Days” in Cheyenne, WY – daily broadcast at 8 p.m. ET.
Rodeo Coverage on Radio:
As always, “Western Sports Round-Up” will continue to air on RURAL RADIO Channel 147 on SiriusXM radio, weekdays at 6 p.m. ET. In addition, you can listen to radio broadcasts of the rodeos:
- July 19-21 at 9 p.m. ET and July 22 at 2 p.m. ET from the “Days of 47” in Salt Lake City, UT.
- July 22 at 9 p.m. ET with a re-air July 23 at 2 p.m. ET from the “Snake River Stampede” in Nampa, ID.
- July 23 at 5 p.m. ET from the “California Rodeo” in Salinas, CA.
- July 24 at 9 p.m. ET from the “Days of 47” in Salt Lake City, UT.
- July 28-30 from the “Cheyenne Frontier Days” in Cheyenne, WY